Researcher and Teaching Fellow in Environmental Policy and Economics, Department of Land Economy and Cambridge Centre for Environment, Energy and Natural Resource Governance
Researcher and Teaching Associate, previously Affiliated Lecturer in Environmental Economics and Policy Evaluation. With a background in environmental sciences and ecological economics, she has investigated various aspects of governance in the transition towards more sustainable systems, including the analysis of international negotiations on biodiversity, multi-criteria analysis of measures to promote sustainable transport, and evaluation of large scale environment and development policies.
- Zabala, A., Pascual, U. 2016. Bootstrapping Q methodology to improve the understanding of human perspectives. PLoS One 11(2):e0148087.
- Larcom, S., van Gevelt, T. and A. Zabala 2016. Precolonial institutions and deforestation in Africa. Land Use Policy 51: 150–161.
- Zabala, A. 2014. qmethod: a package to explore human perspectives using Q methodology. The R Journal 6/2: 163–173. (open access)
- Zabala, A. 2009. Walking the green carpet to work (A multi-criteria analysis of policy instruments towards sustainable transport) International Journal of Sustainable Development 12 (1): 78.
- Scolobig, A, V Castán-Broto, and A Zabala. 2008. Integrating Multiple Perspectives in Social Multicriteria Evaluation of Flood-Mitigation Alternatives: The Case of Malborghetto-Valbruna. Environment and Planning C: Government & Policy 26 (6): 1143–1161
- Integration of perspectives into the UK Farmland Bird Index.
- The fire and haze crisis in Indonesia: heterogeneous views about costs, benefits and solutions among stakeholders, in collaboration with University of Lancaster and CIFOR.
- Scientific data visualisation series of events for conservation and environmental governance.
- qmethod, software and visualisation of Q methodology data in R statistical language.
- PhD thesis on incentives for the adoption of silvopasture in the tropical forest frontier, fully funded by the Department of Education of the Basque Government.